There are a lot of photography workshops out there, some good and some bad. They can be very expensive and it’s hard to decipher what is really worth the money you are spending. As we plan for our upcoming workshops in New York and Los Angeles later this summer, we always ask ourselves “Is this worth the money?” It is, it truly is.
Most importantly, we planned this workshop because there is nothing out there like this. We looked at as much as we could find on offer and saw that we still had something unique to teach. We also knew that we wanted to do it in a manner where it would be fun to learn. No competing for shooting, gone is the feeling of elbowing out other photographers for time to shoot and never getting one on one time to ask questions you have related to your business. We have organized this workshop so that you will receive the individual attention that you need and want while also learning how to add value to your photography business with new shooting opportunities, solid technique and a simple yet thorough workflow that quickly gets you from phone call through final presentation.
We see a change in commercial and portrait photography happening with more and more opportunities for photographers to expand their business beyond just family portraits while keeping true to their own style. We shoot editorial, blog content and fashion campaigns as well as portrait sessions and we will teach you what is required for all of them. The lines are blurring and we want to make sure that people charge what they are worth and know what is required of them.
We always operate on honesty and openness and this is no different so we must let you know that these 2012 US workshops may not happen. This is the first of what we hope to be many, and as always, you can count on us to be up front with you. In keeping with that, we must let you know that if we do not get a certain number of advance registrations in each city to cover the cost, we will unfortunately have to cancel. We are both flying from overseas (Australia/New Zealand), we need to book studio space, models, guest speakers and other amenities essential to making this workshop shine. The budget has been revised, so we can make this more economical for you (we know it is tough!) and we have lowered the price to $1400 US.
If we don’t have at least 10 people signed up in each city, by Friday, June 15th we will not be able to make the arrangements needed in each city in time and will unfortunately be cancelling those workshops for this year.
Is this workshop for me?
- Are you a photographer wanting to learn how to shoot less and keep more every session?
- Do you want tips on styling lifestyle shoots in client’s homes or searching for ways to make even flash look natural?
- Need help developing your style or processing routine?
- Do you want to learn how to make money and have fun shooting kid fashion zed-cards and headshots for child actors?
- Ever want to shoot editorial, commercial or fashion on the side, but don’t know where to begin?
- Already doing a bit of editorial, fashion or commercial photography and want to know the laws, licensing, day rates and even take home templates of all our paperwork?
- Is photo-blogging a hobby that you might actually like to make some money on or at least learn how to do better?
- Want to get some tips on quick and simple design elements for your online presence?
- Have a list of questions that you need answered, but are finding pros are a bit too tight lipped to answer?
- Need some honest feedback on your work in person?
- Best of all, do you want to work with two different photographers who cover everything from Canon to Nikon, Mac to PC, Mom-blogging to weddings (heck, even iPhone V Android!) yet collaborate well together?
- Want to ask us anything else?
How to Register
New York | July 31st & August 1st
Los Angeles | August 10th & August 11th
*All payments are non-refundable (unless the workshops do not happen then you will obviously get every penny back!) If you have to cancel, you are more than welcome to sell your seat to another individual. You will be required to organize your own transportation and accommodations, however we will be sending out information packets with local recommendations.